Thread: Post your fishing trip recipes here!

Threaded View

Thumbs up Post your fishing trip recipes here!

Best breakfast bars ever. Someone try these and let me know what you think.I found a basic protein bar recipe online somewhere and it was really boring, so I added a few things and modified the original recipe and now it's the perfect morning breakfast bar.
    I'm not a breakfast person, so having something I can pick out of a pan and eat it quickly like a big thick cookie.In a hurry to get out on the water? Eat it while you drive.
    ?Tired of being hungry 2 hours after breakfast? Try 1 bar for breakfast and you will be well satisfied until lunch time. Each bar contains approximately 700 Calories and 20 grams of Protein and is why I named them the 720 breakfast bar.?

Ingredients
    • 1 3/4 Cups - Skippy Natural Creamy Honey Peanut Butter
    • 1 Cup Raisins
    • 6 oz. Honey
    • 1 Cup Walnuts (Ground) or any other mixed nut combination.
    • 3 Cups Quaker Oats 1 Minutes Quick Oats
    • 1/2 Cup Flax Seed (Milled)
    • 2 Tbsp Wheat Germ
    • 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
    • 1/2 Tsp Vanilla (optional)
    • 1 Scoop 100% Whey Protein

Directions
    1. Add Peanut Butter, Honey, Vanilla, Cinnamon into a large 8-quart pan and heat on Low. Stir when mixture warms up.
    2. When it becomes as smooth as it's going to get, remove from heat and add all the remaining ingredients and stir with a Heavy Duty Mixing Spatula until all dry ingredients are mixed together all the way. It will look dry at first and hard to mix, but it will mix together.
    3. Dump your mixture into a 8" x 12" glass baking dish and firmly press evenly into the pan. I usually put my hand in a sandwich bag like a glove and use my hand to press it into the pan.
    4. Now place into a pre-heated oven at 340 degrees for 20 minutes.
    Remove from oven and let cool over night.

Sprinkle with Chocolate Chips and press into mixture just before you put them in the oven is optional. Firmly press them into the mixture. They will melt fast, so you only have a few seconds to do this.
    No need to refrigerate. I just leave them sitting on the counter, covered with Aluminum Foil for up to 7 days.
    Other similar size glass pans may be used at the same cooking times. Just keep a eye on it while baking the last few minutes. You want a light golden brown.
    You can cut them into smaller size bars to make 12, or if you want a full meal, cut it to make 9 squares.
    Prep: Get all dry ingredients ready, then melt the peanut butter, then dump in dry ingredients all at once and start mixing immediately.

bb.jpg720 Breakfast bar.jpg
    Last edited by simplejack; 03-09-2014 at 12:18 AM.