Thanks Everybody!!!!!!

This has to be one of the WARMEST welcomes from a website that I have ever seen!!!!

Paddy....I live up on Monument Hill. I am working with the Denver Project Healing Waters group. The folks there are INCREDIBLE!!!!! I am still trying to get used to asking for assistance and to be honest it has taken me a LONG time to do so.

I just learned about "weaving" for making letters and symbols on rods. I have been practicing a TON today and I think I am ready to attempt a trout on my rod. I had several letters unravel on me today and it was frustrating but when it happened I simply walked away and took a DEEP breath! LOL.......

I have to be honest that I am really excited to finally make my own Fly Rod......The folks at Hook & Hackle donated the materials for us and it was the luck of the draw on what blanks we got. There are seven of us in the rod building program. I got a blue/teal colored blank and was tickled to receive it.....matches my USAF colors I can't say enough good things about the folks at H&H....Eric is a great guy that shipped me a replacement top (fourth part of the blank) as mine was damaged. They have a customer for LIFE!!!!

I'll have to check out the other areas of the site such as the rod building areas.....I'm not great at websites but I'll figure out how to get there soon!