WOW!!!

What a WARM welcome!!!!! It took me a bit to get signed up here....might have been an issue on my end...who knows? LOL

I really love the folks in the Project Healing Waters program here in Colorado. While I may not be a Fly Fisherman "YET", I am bound and determined to help out wherever I can with the program. Fortunately for me, I have a loving and VERY understanding wife who is probably more happy than I am for discovering Healing Waters. It keeps my mind occupied and off of my pain so anything that does that is a GOOD thing!

I was brought to tears after my first contact with the members from the program. I am NOT a person that asks for help or things like that. It took a TON of effort on my part to even make the first call. I am sure that there are folks like myself that are in a similar situation. Now I am determined to get fellow veterans involved (if they are interested).

You all don't even know just how much this has helped me. Even in just a couple of months it has given me a sense of pride in making something! Heck after the first rod building class I made my very own rod wrapping jig from some oak I had in the basement. The one I was using was simply too small and unstable for my hands and the one I made is doing well! I even put the Healing Waters emblem on both ends of it! It may not be perfect but it is perfect for ME!

I will be certain to ask for help here if I have questions. Something that I used to be very hesitant about...asking for assistance.

Mike