+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CHERISH TODAY - Neil - Feb 24, 2014

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default CHERISH TODAY - Neil - Feb 24, 2014

CHERISH TODAY
    "Time it was and what a time it was, it was - a time of innocence, a time of confidences. Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph. Preserve your memories; they're all that's left you." [Simon and Garfunkel, Bookends]
    It was late in the day as I drove slowly down the short dirt road to the small parking lot that bordered the river. After I got out of the car I walked slowly down to the edge of the water and looked downstream. The river ran straight down to a gently bend where it formed a deep pool against the log cribbing that lined the bank. On the near bank a large cedar log was firmly anchored to the bottom; a suitable place for an angler to sit and watch the water. I gathered myself together and returned to my car and assembled my gear.

Nicely stated. There is no escaping the fact that the portal of time are one way. Thanks for mentioning Al.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

A beautiful read and so true. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

As an old guy myself, I have lost enough friends to the spirit world that I now make a point of telling people close to me what a big part they played in my life, that they matter to me. ~Paul

Very good read and I have tried to remember to do that and also slow down enough at the times to enjoy them much more.. I don't always realize at the time how much they do mean to me..
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

I sat on the shore of a small Idaho stream just this past Saturday, surrounded by my dear wife, two sons and their girlfriends, another friend and three dogs. It would seem a crowd to others, but it was a special and memorable day. The sun was shining, the bite was on and I was surrounded by all I love. Cherish the memories, they are not long with us.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread