+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you feel the economy is still slowing down sales.

Blog Entries

I agree Kerry. If I was going to guide for steelies I would move to the Great Lakes, they have some great steelie fishing. (I can hear the moans now from those who think steelies have to taste salt to be called steelies)> Larry ---sagefisher---

Quote Originally Posted by sagefisher View Post
    (I can hear the moans now from those who think steelies have to taste salt to be called steelies)
    No groans here but your statement is correct to be a true steelhead it has to go through smoltification. Can't do this without saltwater.
    Last edited by Kerry Stratton; 02-11-2014 at 12:41 AM.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

I am a the point where I am trying to use up the materials that I have. I have enough to tie thousands of flies.
    The rods I have allow me ot catch fish. I could take the Disciples out and still have rods to fish with.
    Not sure that I need much more.

Rick

I can understand that, Rick. I want to get either a 2wt or 3wt this year, and I know She Who Must Be Obeyed is going to raise a stink about how many rods/reels I already have. I don't have enough materials to tie thousands of flies (yet), and I'm not sure if I really need that much stuff, but I do have a list I'm working on......

I just sit and look at my spares on both my flyfishing stash and bass stashand ask myself do iI really need it or the money in the bank in case something happens.

Heck,I am living large 1.5% cost of living this year

The economy has NOTHING to do with my fly fishing. Over the years I've purchased all I need or will ever more need ( probably about $2500-$3500 or maybe a few bucks more) for the rest of my days. Obviously I don't tie my own$$$ or buy into trends or "new and improved" AND I still hurt the many trouts. Again, obviously, I am unlike a vast percentage of you folks but that's the extent of my interest in equipment. I once was approached by a "friend"? to possibly open a fly shop in the Chicago suburbs . I opted for a sharp stick in the eye instead - less pain.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread