+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone going to the show?

Default Anyone going to the show?

Is anyone here planning on attending the big flyfishing/rodbuilding show in Charlotte in Feb? If you haven't heard of it, I'll add some links at the end to get you familiar with what is going on there. From the rodbuilding side there are free seminars covering everything from basic building to advanced weaving, flocking, repair, etc. It seems like a great deal for the entry fee. I thought it would be cool if some of the guys from here were attending, we could make a point of meeting to put a face to the usernames. I hope this isn't in conflict with the site, and I apologise if it is. I'm not affiliated with any of the organizations involved, I'm just excited about the opportunity to get some first hand instruction and a chance to hook up with some other fly fishermen/builders since there aren't too many around my part of the country.
    [url=http://home.earthlink.net/~nationalrodshow/:f213b]http://home.earthlink.net/~nationalrodshow/[/url:f213b] [url=http://www.flyfishingshow.com/charlotte/:f213b]www.flyfishingshow.com/charlotte/[/url:f213b] [url=http://www.flyfishingshow.com/charlotte/programs.html:f213b]www.flyfishingshow.com/charlotte/programs.html[/url:f213b]

Folks you may have missed it - we DO have a listing for Rod Building Events in the Shows listing. Click on FEATURES and you will find fly fishing shows, outdoor shows, cane gathering and Rod Building Events.

If you have information about any 'show' not listed, drop me an email with the details and I will post it.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Yeah, I got in and found the shows right where you said they were. It looks like I need to snoop around some of the other areas as well. Looks like I'm missing out on some good info otherwise.
    I'm going to be arriving in Charlotte on the 24th of Feb. I've been told that the dead sea scrolls will be on display during that timeframe as part of a 4 city tour through the US, so I am going to take advantage of the opportunity while I'm there. I've also been told that they will only be 5 blocks or so from the hotel I'm staying in. Handy.

[This message has been edited by ol' blue (edited 31 December 2005).]

Hey ol' blue. I'll be there. I haven't missed it in years except for last year when it overlapped with Atlanta. Come by my booth and throw some cane in the casting pools!

Bill O.

------------------
    [url=http://www.oysterbamboo.com:d700b]www.oysterbamboo.com[/url:d700b]

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast products will be there with a 50' booth and 6 team members. We have been to this show for the past 2 years and it is a great show. We will be displaying ALL of our products at this show. This is a great opportunity to come and See & Feel our entire product line under one roof. The only other way this would be possible would be to come see us in Sunny Sequim, WA.
    See you at the Show..
    Bill Batson
    CEO
    Batson Enterprises
    Rainshadow/Forecast Products
    877-875-2381
    batson@batsonenterprises.com
    batsonenterprises.com

oyster,

I'll be sure to stop in and visit. I've never had a bamboo rod in hand, so that could be an expensive side trip.

Bill,

I'm looking forward to (finally) meeting you in person. I've spoken to you and the folks at Utmost multiple times on the phone, but have yet to meet any of you in person. I'm pretty isolated here in the midwest.

Greg

Wow, I haven't been on in a while, and now I'm so glad I checked tonite. I was thinking it was in March. If at all possible, I'll be there. I had a ton of fun there last year.

I drove for 15 hours to go last year and will be doing it again this year. Boys from batson are great as are all the vendors there.

I fly in from California so it's a very EXPENSIVE trip for me. But darn well worth it in every respect. This is the "granddaddy" of custom rod building events!

I doubt there is anything made for rodbuilding or rod builders anywhere on the planet that you cannot find at this show. It's huge!!!!

+ Reply to Thread