+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting a new Chapter in Life

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and kind advice. I was at the BUFF's Fly Fishing Show Saturday and had a chance to spend some time with Brad (Kaboom1) and Jack Hise at their furling table. Thanks for the good intel on the area around the Michigan Fish-In guys! Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that trip!

Also had a chance to spend some time talking with Eric Austin from he Board. What gentleman Eric is. I had great fun talking with him about some of great tiers we've known. Eric was particularly helpful with one area of interest I have on a special fly for the March Brown hatch on Pine Creek. Thanks for the dubbing Eric as well as the great information. I'll be in touch!

I appreciate all the kind words and advice. See you all soon!
    Joe Bertolini

Congratulations to both of you!
    I retired about 3 1/2 years ago and it still doesn't seem real!
    Enjoy it, you earned it!!

I stopped being a corporate wage slave at 52 and have spent the last 16years gradually working my way into being a totally retired consultant. I'm about 95% of the way there now and have to say that retirement is wonderful. Congrats on riding the bucking bull until the bell rang!

I'll offer up this perspective in the hope it is helpful. Retirement is great, but increasing age is not. If your retirement plans include travel and things that require you to be physically active, front load those in your retirement years planning. There are many things that my wife and I planned to do in retirement that our bodies are no longer capable of doing. I'm not complaining, just trying to pass on some things I've learned from experience.

Congratulations and thank you, Joe. To those of us who treasure the outdoors we really do appreciate the stewards of our public lands. Thank you.

congrats on the retirement, and be sure to stop in when you are fishing pine creek (have a shop in Ansonia). if ya show up on a Monday or Tuesday I might be persuaded to go out with ya...

bob
    sandfly/bob
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215
    I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing ghillie..

Thanks Bob! The guys I fish with are planning a week along Pine in late April early May. I'm going to hang around for all of May up until my son's high school graduation Memorial Day weekend. I know we promised to getup your way last year. Even if the guys I fish with can't be talked into it, I'll make it up your way for sure. Thanks!
    Joe Bertolini

+ Reply to Thread