+ Reply to Thread

Thread: feather earrings

Hybrid View

The attached photos all look great. The only comment I would add is that when I used to tie them for all my feminine loved ones the only complaint was that the clasp or hook for the ear needed to be a closing clasp. The earrings were so light that there was no weight to keep them down on the bend of the ear hook. Like Betty stated they were always lifting out of their ears and losing one of them. They should be easy to find in the craft stores right by the open ear hooks you are using.

The benefit was yet another reason to justify buying the fancy and expensive full pheasant skins.
    Your hooks sharp????

Not feather earrings, but something called a Living Locket.

My wife showed me one of hers a couple days ago, and I said that she could put one of my flies inside it. This isn't a particularly good picture, but you get the idea.

You can buy these lockets in different sizes and shapes and they are relatively inexpensive. I just did an Ebay search and found 1000's of them available for sale. A nice thing about this is that you can easily change the fly whenever you want, and you don't have to cut the hook off to make a fly unfishable in case you later want to fish with it.

I like that idea and you can change them up,one for every day of the week.

+ Reply to Thread