Last fall my son shot a moose and I failed to save much hair from it... and offered some face hair here before it was ready. A local dog probably scared his owners with the hairballs he got from stealing that chunk of hide. I had exchanged PMs with a number of folks that wanted a chunk and I still have their PMs and addresses.

I waited on saying anything because I knew something like yesterday would happen eventually...

A young lad drew an "assisted-suicide" type cow moose tag, borrowed a bunch of my gear called with a plea for help. I spent Monday with him looking for a moose. He had just shot his first moose, or critter of any kind for that matter, and needed help. Rounded up a younger (much stronger) friend for additional help and went moose butchering.

This one happened to be early in the day, on level ground, in good light, with a sled on reasonable snow cover. So I saved some mane, lots of hock hair and some body hair. So I will be sending some along to those I promised some hair to, soon. There should be some left over, too...

Those stout fellows dragged a whole moose, minus some inedible parts, in a sled for a half-mile or so about as fast as I could go to keep up with them. Today I can barely move, but it feels good to have gotten some serious air and exercise!
art