Standing on the bank and fishing one day I had an otter swim by under my line, saw a mink running around up and down the bank and into and out of the water last summer picking up all the little minnows that had washed down, mergansers are pretty standard they have a tendency to show up on certain parts of the river when you happen to be catching fish. I did see an eagle come down and grab a small trout behind my brother who was fishing upstream of me years ago, he never even knew it was there couldn't hear his wing beats over the current. Seen tons of wildlife on my way into places, there always seems to be grouse hiding near the streams in some places. Did have a deer walk up by me while I was duck hunting one year, I was slowly coaxing in some mallards that were swimming up to my decoys and the deer was coming along the bank above me and I had no idea it was there until it noticed I was there and took off down the bank a ways. Scared the ducks off the water and didn't see anything for the rest of the afternoon. Had a porcupine climb up the tree I had my tree stand in several times while I was sitting in it, get a little nervous when you see that by your face having seen dogs with quills all over them.