Hello again all!!! I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!

Well, I am going to be getting a late christmas gift from the wife! She is going to buy me a new rod to build!!! I know, she is the greatest!!!

So, I have narrowed down my selection to this criteria. I want a fast action 9' #4 weight 4 piece rod for some fun trout and travel fishing. Line to be use is my new Rio Nymph Line. Flies generally being used is from size 20 midges to size 6 zonker strip sculpin type streamers with maybe the occasional size 2 mylar minnow. Fishing with this rod will be river fishing mostly. I am wanting a nice fast action to get that Rio line and fly out there with ease!

My blank choices are (no particular order):

1. St. Croix SC IV
2. Temple Forks TiCR
3. Hook and Hackle Forecast

All will be built with REC.com NBM Nickle reel seat with Cocobolo insert, Hialoy inserted chrome stripper guides (12 10), Pac Bay Single Foot guides (66 555 444) and a Large Loop chrome tiptop.

Now for the problem. I have no local fly shops in my area stocking these rods or blanks, so I am not going to be able to cast any of these to make my decision easier. HELP!!!!

Which of these three would you all choose with the info given? Also, any help on the guide sizing would be greatly appreciated (I listed my sizes intended in () next above.)

Thanks all for the help!!!

Sincerely,
Reg