+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what has everyone been doing

Hybrid View

Default what has everyone been doing

Now that some of the old timers are starting to trickle back in myself included, what has everyone been doing for the last couple of years? Anything new and exciting?

Hey Bob,
    I "trickled back" a few months ago after a two year hiatus from here. Since I'm about 25 years from retirement I still have time to make my 5th million . I gave up on the first four and started anew with greater vigor than before. Perhaps this time............. Anyway, I'm currently on the road in Naples Florida on business/beach/bar etc and have luckily escaped the frigid weather back home in Illinois.
    How have YOU been? How's the pharmaceutical business? How's the family, your son ( weight struggle), the motor home you refurbed etc?. Hopefully you'll stick around this round and add to pot.
    To "clarify" an earlier point re: retirement, I'm 70 and have ABSOLUTELY NO PLAN to retire as long as He keeps renewing my license to.....................

Mark

Been trolling put and take lakes for meat.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Hey Marco,
    Lets see the motor homes are all gone now sold themn all and got what I wanted out of them.Had three at one time. The pharmaceutical business did not work out. I make more money in a call center then a pharmacy so I stayed there. My oldest got his surgery and lost a lot of weight. He has finally found the love of his life at the young age of 40. My oungest adopted a young boy so I now have two grandsons ages 15 and 6. Went to a massive concert at the gourge in Washington with the 15 year old. First concertt in 20 years. It was a awesome time. I did not want to go but the boy talked me into it. It was Black Sabbeth. Got to see where the
    Washington fish in is at. Nice looking water. Still building a fishing pole or two now and again. Haven't been fishing in 2 years. I found a nonprofit organization that takes up at least 40 hours a week of my time besides the full time job and this little goat farm. LOL that is the condensed version.

Joe I followed you on facebook when ever you posted

I retired a few months ago and spent a lot of time fly fishing stocker rainbows at a local urban lake. After the cold weather moved in the water turned hard so then I began drilling holes in it and fishing the stocker trout that way. Then a buddy of mine invited me to fish a spring creek for trout so we went and did that. Tomorrow I begin master gardener classes. With spring planting coming up and classes to go to I can see myself headed down the same road I was on before. To much to do and to little time to enjoy the really important things in life like fishing.

20 minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains N.P. and lots of cool water fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by harleybob87 View Post
    Now that some of the old timers are starting to trickle back in myself included, what has everyone been doing for the last couple of years? Anything new and exciting?
    Now you don't know me and I am not one of the old timers, but, personally, I have taken up fly fishing, fly tying and am now working on putting together what I need to build a rod, bamboo, from scratch. Great bunch of folks here that have been really helpful with everything fly fishing. Also learned to fly an RC plane.
    Gordon
    Live every day as if it were your last.

holensum

This link is to a series on bamboo rod building by a guy who is a master at it.
    http://flyanglers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4624

I think the owners of FAOL are now comfortable enough with the site I just linked to let this post stand. If not, I will take no offense if it is poofed. My only motive for posting it is to help you in response to your post.

Brad

20 minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains N.P. and lots of cool water fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
    holensum

This link is to a series on bamboo rod building by a guy who is a master at it.
    http://flyanglers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4624

I think the owners of FAOL are now comfortable enough with the site I just linked to let this post stand. If not, I will take no offense if it is poofed. My only motive for posting it is to help you in response to your post.

Brad
    Thanks Brad, This is a site that I hadn't found.
    Gordon
    Live every day as if it were your last.

+ Reply to Thread