+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Winter' fishing 1/9 + 1/10

Default 'Winter' fishing 1/9 + 1/10

I finished my honey-do list and managed to get out on the water before I started college courses again. The weather around here was insanely nice, it was nearly 60 degrees on Saturday. Friday was a little cooler than that but still very nice considering its January. It was a great time to get out of the house. Our record setting snowstorm that first week of October changed a lot around the stream. There are a lot fewer trees and bushes to get caught on. However, while this allowed me to cast, it also resulted in a large number of lost flies, since some of those trees are now under the water. I spent most of the day relearning the stream and I only hooked one fish and he got off before reaching the net. Saturday was a lot of the same. Checking out new spots and learning the stream again but this time I managed to bring a few ~12" browns to the net.

Also, I finally ordered some new waders thru the local fly shop! They should be here tomorrow and I can't wait to test them out! Hopefully this crazy weather calms down a little. I don't need another 60 degree day but the 50 mph winds are hard to cast in.

Tight lines...

The weather this year has made it hard on fishing here also. Good to hear you were able to take advantage of the warm day to spend some time on the water.

+ Reply to Thread