+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to John Scott?

He has been a good insparation for me.. because of his outings I made trips I would not have, to find out they have been some of the best days fishing Iv had... I have learned alot from him as well..
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Well I'll join the chorus of "Sorry to see him go". I didn't know the man from Adam but enjoyed living vicariously through his posts and photos. Always beautiful fish and breathtaking scenery that I long to be able to experience myself. Anyway, hope his departure wasn't a result of any personal adversity, and if it was a result of a dust up of some sort here, I hope time makes him reconsider the decision.

I've never met John but we've shared a few PMs, a few opposing opinions and some streams at different times together. I will not refer to him now in the past tense because he's still here in his pictorial posts and reports.

Mark

There are many things to appreciate about John. Just one of them for me was that he was a hands-on in the field experimenter. When he said a fly worked he had detailed documented evidence [even though it was always the same fish]. I hope he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb View Post
    He has been a good insparation for me.. because of his outings I made trips I would not have, to find out they have been some of the best days fishing Iv had... I have learned alot from him as well..
    Ditto, I'm sure I would not have made it to Glacier without his and Scottp's posts. He has been a lot of help to me as I have gotten back into FF. Whatever his reasons, I'm sure they are thought through and well founded. This site was richer from his contributions. It does take some work, posting pics, writing narratives, etc. I'm sure my FF experience and experiences are not as significant as most, but even I could contribute a FOTW or post some more pics. It's our site, really, and its only as good as what we are willing to put into it. John certainly did more than his share.
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

Thanks to John Scott I tie and fish the PSC fly and it has been one fantastic fly pattern for me and anyone else I have given it to. He has a ton of talent and he really needs to continue to share it. Whatever happened, happened and it is now time to forgive and forget and move on. There will always be someone who does not agree with you or thinks your way sucks and when that happens, just consider the source and go on with a smile. Life is just too short to hold a grudge.

I miss him and hope and pray that he will reconsider and come back home to FAOL.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I heard he decided to become a catfisherman!
    John, I hope you read this and know I'm just kidding with you!
    I still haven't fished for them, but at least through John I KNOW what a Cutthroat Trout looks like! I enjoy John's stellar fish pictures, and the breathtaking water and scenery
    along those streams...and his attractive, effective and innovative fly patterns!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Miss you John. Hope all is well with you. Also hoping you are still catching those beautiful fish.

John does live near Missoula. I haven't talked to him in a few months, but I think he just got tired of the boards. We all need a break from the interwebs now and then.

Looking at his profile:
    Last Activity: 01-11-2014 09:51 AM

Last post was 10-05-2013

I think that he mentioned some hikes on a bucket list, and he would
    not have time to write and do the hikes he wanted to do.

Flyfisher121

+ Reply to Thread