+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eastern Idaho Help

Default Eastern Idaho Help

HI everyone,

I am looking to book a 3-4 day trip to eastern ID. I would appreciate any advice of insight into accommodations, guides, float etc. I have never fished this area and would like input from those who have.

hanks in advance

riz

Do you have a more specific area in mind, such as south, central or north eastern part of Idaho?

Are you talking about the Henry's Fork area Or Warm river. Maybe the South Fork of the Snake?

These guys have been helpfull when I'm visiting my brother in Pocatello. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...59026428,d.aWM
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Fished it a bit, but not enough to provide any useful info, unless you want to hear about some well-known streams where I got skunked. Hopefully, Kelly Glissmeyer will see this and chime in; that's his neck of the woods.

Regards,
    Scott

I guess looking at southeast ID, south fork, henry's, Teton, the ranch, etc. I would like to fish all of them 10 times each, but I only have 3 days. so what would be the most efficient way to fish the area? Again, if I had the time I would like to venture out myself, but with limited time I would like a good guide.

again thanks for the help.

riz

Default Find a trout bim or two

As I recall there were a couple that hang out here
    one by the name of Kelly and one by the name of John Scott.

All Seasons Anglers in Idaho Falls is also a sure bet for area information.

Have fun
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

rizeye, southeast Idaho is my home and the waters here are very familiar to me. John Scott no longer lives here and hasn't for quite a few years and it appears he has left the forum. I would be glad to help you as best I can. Jimmy's All Season Angler in Idaho Falls, ID can give you a lot of great and current information: http://jimmysflyshop.com/

As far as guides go I don't hesitate in recommending Mike Lawson's outfit at Henry's Fork Anglers: http://www.henrysforkanglers.com/ You can call and talk to Mike personally most days and no one knows the area better than he and his guide staff.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Blog Entries

I have traveled to, and fished, the area around Island Park, I'd. For over 30 years. It is the home of "the Ranch" of the Henry's Fork and only 40 minutes from Yellowstone Park. And only a half hour or so from The Madison.

The Trouthunter in Island Park has a great shop, great guides and a restaurant/bar. They also have some rooms.

riz,

You might post this over on the Westfly board, too www.west-fly-fishing.com/forums The Idaho bunch has some characters, but they know the water.

Regards,
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread