+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAOL how sweet it is

Default FAOL how sweet it is

Betty posted a note regarding FAOL on a personal friends FB and it had me reflect.
    Been a while since I have posted and I see the good old day are still here.

Just off the top of my head these fine folks come to mind,
    swampwitch, ed, theladyfisher, marco. loteck joe.spinner
    nighthawk. ree. njtroutbum. ray kunz. jerry. qquails, uncle jesse.
    jimsnarock. markthomas, popperfly.
    dave potts, jeffhamn, rayhill190, grubb, ohiotuber, doughboy.elkhunter,
    How you all been?

I remember years ago I ran into marco in tetton national forest did not know it was him
    and the time JC was upset at me for making fun of a hiteck casting gadget he wrote about
    then when I called him to say I was sorry I learned of some fine living and fishing time he and Dee had in montana..

FAOL taught me all I know about the sport, from a frailer to a flyfisherman. As well I was able to fish in person with some and through the net with so many more .
    Wonderful experience all the way around. I have letters of encouragement at our camp that came for Michael and I during the early days supporting our camp efforts.
    Many with flies and instruction.
    Ree gave me instruction for a spider I use in Yosemite each season.

Wow, as I write this, I think of more good names and conversations,
    Thanks for posting this with Joe Betty,

Dee, Jim and the Judge will always have my heartfelt thanks.
    Happy Hearts

and what make this so darn nice is that those that run the show at FAOL know and can always be proud for what they are doing.
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 01-12-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: To highlight in bold , I remember you all if you name is not on my 1st reflection list , its important to me that all know
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Very well said and very true. Thanks.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I was gonna let this thread go and go on about my day< but I can't. First off seeing my name on your list gave me a "Happy Heart" second, your post caused my mind to run down a quick slide show of all the wonderful things folks on this sight have done for me, and the times they where there.. The list is a very long one ... Much longer than I thought. I guess your post caused me to reflect a little deeper. There is alot to be said for a place that attracts so many good souls... Anyway, time for me to get ready for work, and say once again thank you all for being here, and, "Ladyfisher... "two thumbs up"
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Steve, you ole rascal, I had wondered what you had been up to recently. I see an occasional glimpse on FB but had notice your absence, which I had hope would be temporary. I feel honored to have been remembered, I hope it was in a good way. There are a few absent folks around here for a while now. I know that although I am still motivating around pretty well at the moment I am not improving a lot physically or mentally each year anymore. I hope the other absent souls are just too busy having fun to drop in. Glad to see you back, I hope thing are well with everyone. As the late Hank Stram says in one of my favorite NFL video clips, "Just keep matriculating the ball down the field boys."
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Man it has been awhile since I to have been on here. Learned a lot from this site as well, from rod building to tying my own flies and how to present them to the quarry. Met some very nice people who have helped a lot through time and made some nice internet friends. It is unfortunate that a lot of us old timers have drifted away from here. Things have changed over the years a lot. I no longer have time to fish although I do still build the occasional rod. Yes Steve you summed it up pretty good "FAOL how sweet it is"

Steve,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure that many of the folks who have been a part of this forum through the years feel the same way. I have been helped immensely by asking questions and also by the tutorials and step by step patterns. Some of the folks on here possess more knowledge that I can imagine and it's really helpful for me to glean from what they have shared. Interestingly, the shack nasties have been absent in the past several years. That speaks for itself. I have a great appreciation for the content on this site; I'm not sure there is an equal. Good to have you back Steve; looking forward to reading more of your reports.

Harleybob87 ............ so good to hear from you!!!

Being a member here is like pursuing a PHD in flyfishing.

Steve, could not have put it any better. Thank you for this.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Steve thanks for reminding me what a great group are here. I have not been on for a bit but should have been here with friends asking for prayers. My mother had a bad stroke the day after Christmas and never recovered. We lost her last Thursday. This is like a family and I should have let this family know of my grief. I had asked for prayers for her sometime back from you all and it helped greatly. I had even printed the prayers off and took them to the hospital and read them to her. She is at rest now and with my dad. I appreciate the friendships I have gained from this site. Thank you all for excepting me into this family back when I first joined.

Rocky

I've learned a lot from FAOL too. Have met a lot of people here, most virtual meetings, but a few real live in person meetings, where lines were wet and tales created. And that it was a good club house should do.

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

+ Reply to Thread