+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More good news

Hybrid View

Default More good news

Got the results for my CT scan this morning. Both tumors in my lung are shrinking and gettin softer. This means I will be around for sometime to come. My doctor seemed more exited than I did. He as smiling from ear to ear. Still have 11 more treatments to go but at least I now know that they are doing something which makes putting up with the side effects a little more worthwhile.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

What a great way to start off the new year...good news followed by even better news. I'm excited for you. Turvy

That is good news. Congratulations, we will look forward to you hanging out with us for a while yet.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Fantastic news! This is a good start to the new year.

-Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Blog Entries

If you need to bit*h about chemo, let me know. Folks just don't understand unless they have been through it.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Quote Originally Posted by kbproctor View Post
    If you need to bit*h about chemo, let me know. Folks just don't understand unless they have been through it.
    Thanks Kevin. Means a lot to know you are there.

Heard a story this morning that was a bit funny. At least you and I may find the humor. A gal was in for her third or forth treatment with Taxol. Her hair started to fall out so she shaved her head. She then noticed dark stubble on her shower floor. To get rid of the stubble falling out she used a lint roller on her head. Claimed it worked. She was a good story teller and had me laughing pretty good.

Humor is our best friend during this times; humor and the support from the folks at FAOL.

Thanks to all of you.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Awesome good news !!!
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stratton View Post
    Thanks Kevin. Means a lot to know you are there.

Heard a story this morning that was a bit funny. At least you and I may find the humor. A gal was in for her third or forth treatment with Taxol. Her hair started to fall out so she shaved her head. She then noticed dark stubble on her shower floor. To get rid of the stubble falling out she used a lint roller on her head. Claimed it worked. She was a good story teller and had me laughing pretty good.

Humor is our best friend during this times; humor and the support from the folks at FAOL.

Thanks to all of you.
    Remarkably, I didn't have any hair loss. But then, I didn't have Taxol. I did have a lot of morning nausea that the anti nausea meds didn't help. My feet and ankles swelled up to the point I had to buy new slippers because I couldn't get my feet in any of my footwear and I was sleeping some days as much as 20 hours. It all passes. I don't have the nausea anymore. The swelling is pretty much gone. And I'm not sleeping nearly as much but still 12-14 hours some days. The chemo was worse than the cancer. I'm still on oxygen and running on about 3/4 of a lung, but I feel great. I've actually be out fishing a little and getting rods wrapped so life is good.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

That is very good news! Superb!
    All the best.
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread