+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jungle Cock

Hybrid View

Default Jungle Cock

Since the weather has me confined to my home, I have been just lookng at different fly tying material vendor's pages to see what they may be discounting so they do not have to include it in their inventory report for the new year and I found this description of a product very interesting and funny. It may only be amusing to me, but here is the description: "Real Fake Jungle Cock"

Is it possible to have real fake anything or is there a bird out there that is called a Fake Jungle Cock? : )

Just random thoughts and nothing more........
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren, sound like an early onslaught of cabin fever.

Stay warm. I've been reading about the freezing cold coming your way.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

TyroneFly,

LOL - Yes, it may be cabin fever. There is no cold coming our way because it is already here! High today was 11 degrees with a wind chill of -5!!! Things start getting better this Wednesday. Suppose to be in the 30;s then. I may end up with a real case of cabin fever because I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday to have my casting shoulder looked at. May have to have some arthrosocopic surgery done to it. Not sure yet, but, if I have to, now is better than this summer. It is hell to get old.......
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    Since the weather has me confined to my home, I have been just lookng at different fly tying material vendor's pages to see what they may be discounting so they do not have to include it in their inventory report for the new year and I found this description of a product very interesting and funny. It may only be amusing to me, but here is the description: "Real Fake Jungle Cock"

Is it possible to have real fake anything or is there a bird out there that is called a Fake Jungle Cock? : )

Just random thoughts and nothing more........
    And to complicate the situation further, at least one, and possibly more, major fly tying supply company lists this real fake item as "known to cause cancer by the State of California". (It's cold here in PA now also.)

John, there is nothing in California that is not known to cause cancer! I have a whole room full of cancer causing fly tying materials ---- so I guess I'm doomed.

Warren, What you need to watch out for is fake fake jungle cock.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Warren, What you need to watch out for is fake fake jungle cock.
    But two fakes would make it the real thing, right??

I must be off...

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Hi Warren,

I am wondering if it is actually a problem with the English language by the writer of the add. Maybe the writer should have written "really fake Jungle cock," opposed to "fake Jungle Cock." Such seems more likely than the possibility of "real fake Jungle Cock" as opposed to "pretend fake Jungle Cock."

Regards,

Gandolf

+ Reply to Thread