+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Zealand Strike Indicator

Thanks for the replies. I was 75% the way to giving it a go. Now I'm 50-50 with a slight lean towards sticking with Thingamabobbers and dry dropper combo. Although that thing does have a certain amount of cool appeal.

heelerdog,

I forgot to add that the NZ system is very good when you are dealing with water sheds that continuously change substrate depth within feet/yards. It definitely is part of my arsenal.

Vinny

Thanks Vinny

The "regulars" on the Clinch river here in east TN, have come up with a very similar system using Rams' wool, or Sculpin head wool. Had no idea it was called a New Zealand system. Instead of the nifty little tool, we use stiff piece of mono like a bobbin threader. Rather than buy the tubing, you can just strip off some insulation from a piece of 14 gauge copper multi strand wire, cut into desired length, and pull the loop of wool through the vinyl ring with some 20# mono. leave the mono piece in the indicator you just made to serve as a threader for your leader when you are ready for it!
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

I ordered their system online, and have heard nor seen anything form them. Disappointed.

Got mine from Cabela's
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishi...3Bcat103961880

Feahercraft has it also:
    https://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.p...y&target=HD152

I figured that I'd spend more than $16 by driving around to make my own NZ System.

Vinny

on the bubble indicator to avoid kinks - take an piece of old fly line about 5" ( need 2 pieces) where want the bubble to be tie in a blood knot - lay the fly line on top of your leader and do a blodd knot -thread your leader thru the indicator - then place another bloodknot on the fly side of the bubble - pull the blood knot end tight and trim -push the knots into the indicator - you can move the indicator all day long by just pushing the blood knots

+ Reply to Thread