I finished my honey-do list and managed to get out on the water before I started college courses again. The weather around here was insanely nice, it was nearly 60 degrees on Saturday. Friday was a little cooler than that but still very nice considering its January. It was a great time to get out of the house. Our record setting snowstorm that first week of October changed a lot around the stream. There are a lot fewer trees and bushes to get caught on. However, while this allowed me to cast, it also resulted in a large number of lost flies, since some of those trees are now under the water. I spent most of the day relearning the stream and I only hooked one fish and he got off before reaching the net. Saturday was a lot of the same. Checking out new spots and learning the stream again but this time I managed to bring a few ~12" browns to the net.

Also, I finally ordered some new waders thru the local fly shop! They should be here tomorrow and I can't wait to test them out! Hopefully this crazy weather calms down a little. I don't need another 60 degree day but the 50 mph winds are hard to cast in.

Tight lines...