+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wader Repair with Flex Seal

Hybrid View

Default Wader Repair with Flex Seal

Was watching a TV program and wader repair came up. They liked" Flex Seal but only mentioned it briefly. I suppose it is that "as seen on TV" product where the guy drills holes in a boat bottom...sprays them.... and goes all day with no leaks.

Does anyone know if that's what he meant?
    Anyone use the product. It could be a good use.

I've never tried it, but if you want to give it a go, just go to an auto body supply store and buy a can of rubberized undercoating. It's the same stuff and costs a lot less. There is also a similar product available from some industrial supply houses that was originally intended for sealing electrical enclosures that are exposed to the weather.

Good fishing,
    Arnie

Rustoleum has a smilar product available at Walmart also. I think it's around $10 a can, they may have the clean version as well as the black and white.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    Was watching a TV program and wader repair came up. They liked" Flex Seal but only mentioned it briefly. I suppose it is that "as seen on TV" product where the guy drills holes in a boat bottom...sprays them.... and goes all day with no leaks.

Does anyone know if that's what he meant?
    Anyone use the product. It could be a good use.
    I suspect he meant Aquaseal.

I have used aquaseal and marine goop many times on waders.Marine goop much cheaper.It smells the same and it seems to work the same.

If you notice the original posting, you will see he meant Flex Seal, Aquaseal doesn't have an infomercial like that, not that I have seen. Flex Seal is an aerosol can spray applied product.

Who needs waders? Just spray that stuff directly on your body, then peel it off at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayatwork View Post
    Who needs waders? Just spray that stuff directly on your body, then peel it off at the end of the day.
    I was thinking earlier spray my jeans with Never Wet Superhydrophobic Coatings and seal the bottom of my jeans with socks and Flex Seal and I won't need waders.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    If you notice the original posting, you will see he meant Flex Seal, Aquaseal doesn't have an infomercial like that, not that I have seen. Flex Seal is an aerosol can spray applied product.
    I'm just suggesting that maybe the guy Ducksterman saw on TV misspoke (or Ducksterman mis-heard). To each his own, but I'm not spraying stuff like that on my good waders.

I used a good part of a can on two of my garage gutters back when it first came out. On large cracks, I bent sheet metal flashing to help seal them up along with the Flex Seal. I sprayed them on a hot summer day, mid-afternoon, and they took a looooong time to dry. 24 hours after I applied the stuff, they still were not dry in spots. This was when it only came in black. I can only imagine how long it took them to spray that screen for the bottom of that boat the guy floats around in. It didn't really work all that well either. Maybe for a pin-hole in a wader it may work better, but I'd never buy it again. It reminded me of driveway sealer in a can more than anything when I was useing it.

Regards,
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread