Some can, we are human. I didn't notice name calling in this post and I was personally targeted on a few answers. I am just going to add, not all "rubber" nets are equal as is the nylon. As I mentioned earlier, Brian Chan uses nylon. The rubber nets mentioned are the better, but there are more that have their debatable qualities. I was all set to get a Nomad as well because of the material being so light. But when the net goes for the price of a great fly rod, the rod won out and I bought a Chinese net "WITH" the long handle for Pontooning AND a rubber Ghost net for $49. I haven't tried everything out there, but I have tried a bunch and know what I like. Others may differ, and some may not know all the options. You can't say ALL nylon sucks, but, you could be in the frame of mind or happy enough with what you got to not care to try. I have rebasketed a few nylon nets with rubber (and agree that it is really easy to do) but I have had no need or desire to rebasket the WJ. I had a beautiful blonde long handle, large opening ORVIS net that I put the Ghost Net on. It is somewhere between Mack's Inn and Henry's lake now and I do miss it terribly.