+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cuba in 2014 for American anglers

Hybrid View

Default Cuba in 2014 for American anglers

A flyfishing friend asked me if I could glean some info on how an American couple could work out a flyfishing trip this winter to Cuba. I Searched this forum and found 3 good threads, but they were at least 4 years old. Has anything changed?

tl
    les

Hey Les,
    Ain't seed ya since the DRC fish-in waist deep in the Delaware a "few" years ago. Cuba for flyfishing ??...... sounds exciting between bouts of torture. I'd go for the cigars instaed.
    BTW, upped my bmr to a 650i since we last talked.

Hi Les,

Wow! It's been awhile. Hope all is well with you and a Merry Christmas. Back to your question. Absolutely no idea. However, with all of the places in the world, especially the islands and water off Florida, why Cuba? Is there something about fishing near Guantanamo that's aroused someone's curiosity, LOL? Anyway, take care and it's great to see a post by you.

Allan

Blog Entries

gossip around the dinner table in Belize two years ago indicated that while the British fellows who'd gone several times had enjoyed the fishing, they weren't going back because the prices had suddenly gone up a great deal, while the fishing opportunities had not changed.
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Forbidden fruit has its allure, but can think of a number of places I'd rather spend my money...

Have a look at some of the British forums, the poms are regular visitors to Cuba and it seams to be one of the "top of the bucket list" places for them.
    If you google search flyforums uk you will find a good site with a heap of info in the salt fly section including lots about the different outfits offering fishing. Avalon has a lot of the fishing tied up so can charge what they like, but there are other independent guides and resorts.
    Hope this helps.
    All the best.
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread