+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nissin Pro-Square Tenkara Rods

Default Nissin Pro-Square Tenkara Rods

I believe one of the most interesting parts of this piece is the rod flex comparison photos that are done with the comparable TUSA rods of equal length but being noticably heavier in weight. They say a picture is worth 1,000 words, so you only have to read the rod selling purposed commentary if you want to know more about these Nissin Pro-Square rods. Here is the link: http://www.tenkarabum.com/nissin-pro-square.html

"Pro-Square" not to be confused with "Pro-Spec". Both are fantastic rods!

One the (Pro-Square) With rods ranging from a headwaters length 3.15m (10'4") to a main stream length of 4.5m (about 14'6"), and from a super soft レベルライン (level line) rod to a pretty stiff 8:2, they offer a rod for about any preference.

The other (Pro-Spec) It is designed to be fished at either 3.1 meters (just over 10') or 3.6 meters (just under 12').
    The Nissin Pro Spec 2Way is available as a 6:4 or a 7:3. It's one of my favorite rods so far.

I have the Pro-Spec in the 7:3. Placed into the hands of a few of my tenkara fishing buds they were met with instant buyers remorse for what they had handed to me in exchange for fishing my Pro-Spec.
    (rods rhyme with "11' I Want a", and " I You", and "Found A Head") I literally had to chase one of them up the river to get it back because I damn sure wasn't going to fish an 11' long broomstick all day.

Nissin also makes at least two other rod models that are part of the Professional Series of Rods: The Professional Model SP 390 and the SP 450 rods, which are both Seiryu rods. I have a SP 390 that has its own special brand of magic going for it - it is an 8 penny rod, that weighs 1.5 ounces at nearly 13 feet in length, and presents dry flies on stillwaters with more delicacy than any other rod I have ever owned or fished, including many Western fly rods that cost more than 3 times as much money. I don't think you can catch a fish small enough not to put a deep bend in the SP 390. Yet it has enough reserve butt strength to handle fish in the 19 to 20 inch size class in stillwaters, although not with a lot of authority to be sure but it can be done. It is not the least bit tip heavy and it is a real joy to cast and fish with. This is a very slow rod but I have fished it with Rigs 12 foot long HiVis Floating Tenkara Fly Line under pretty windy conditions and it did much better in that endever than I ever expected it to be able to do. The SP 390 is a much more versatile rod than its specifications indicate it would be.

+ Reply to Thread