Thread: My Reverse Spider

Threaded View

Default My Reverse Spider

A few years ago a fly pattern was presented here as a FOTW and it was tied on a large hook and meant for Steelhead and I liked the looks of it plus the write-up on it sounded like something I wanted to try, so, I downsized everything and tried it on my trout. For the first year of fishing it, it was a fly my trout just would not let get away! It really caught a lot of fish for me and anyone I gave it to. After that first year, either it lost it's effect or I moved on to another pattern that produced well. A few weeks ago, while fishing, I tried it again and did manage to catch a few fish, so, I decided to tie up some more and as soon as the weather warms up a little here, I will fish it hard and see how it is going to work for me. I thought it was interesting to see the new trend of Tenkara fishing come out and their flies were similar. Here is the link to Preston Singletary's submission to FOTW which inspired me to try it in a downsized version. http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flyt...080706fotw.php I used a #12 Streamer/Nymph hook, olive chenille, hackle barbs for the tail and a soft hackle for the reverse collar.

Last edited by WarrenP; 12-13-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.