+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A lot of water under the bridge...

Default A lot of water under the bridge...

Hi Folks...Yep, been a while, but there has been a lot happen since you've seen me around. Yes, it's me, Flats Dude (the real one from central Florida). Hopefully I can sit myself down and get back to some writing. I know, I may have to re-introduce myself, and I told Ladyfisher a year or so ago, that I would try to get "re-spirited" and sit down at the keyboard again.There has been a lot of water passed under this old bridge of mine (and I'm not looking for any sympathy here, ain't my style). A loss of job, loss of the Lake behind the House, yes, we lost our home we built. Retirement, kinda. Managing a fly shop in Orlando and Titusville, opening a fly shop within Travel Country in Altamonte Springs, Florida, a near-death experience when my gall bladder exploded damned near killin' me. Linda developing breast cancer (she's all better now). And finally getting back on our feet and buying a new home. I will be back, with pen in hand (or keyboard) and hopefully spit out a "Hey, y'all!" I am actually mentally writing a new article about this guy I know. His name is Nick. And as Dave Micus once penned, "I want to be just like Nick." So, now that I have stirred the ol' pot, I reckon I better be gettin' to it...Looking forward to reuniting with a few of my old buddies in here, and meeting a few new ones. Thanks..."THE" Flats Dude, Capt. Gary L. Henderson. ps...and Dee, if you're reading this, can I please have my seat back at the table, and my old account name? Jist cain't be no imposters in here! hehehe
    Last edited by Flats; 12-07-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    "When we stop chasing thunderbirds, what else is there?"
    Roger Emile Stouff

WELCOME HOME! It has been quite a long time since I have read anything you have written and I look forward to reading more. As I look down this very long family table, it looks like your seat is still there, so, pull up a chair and enjoy being home!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Thanks Warren! Pass the biscuits, please.
    "When we stop chasing thunderbirds, what else is there?"
    Roger Emile Stouff

Welcome back! Sounds like you went through some rough times, but came out OK at the other side. This is supposed to make us stronger. I sure hope so!

Welcome back! IT's always great to get an old friend back on FAOL. Sorry to hear of your difficulties, but it sounds like you muscled through it and are on the road to recovery. Take care and I look forward to more of your writing.

Jim Smith

Flats "Cap'n",
    Of course you were missed. Sorry to hear of your financials and especially the loss of "the" home. I recall a pic you posted of your deck overlooking either the Gulf or the intercoastal waterway( or after again reading your original post, A LAKE), My blood pressure dropped by 20 points picturing myself on THAT deck with somekinda umbrellad concoction. I too have slowed a bit in my posting herein BUT, hopefully your reemergance will prompt a few more former dudes to awaken.
    In short, WELCOME BACK!

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 12-08-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Welcome back.
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Thumbs up

Gary,
    Head on up to Ohio & I'll guide you to the mighty, the always elusive, SALTWATER BLUEGILL which, as you know, swims ONLY in the saltwater farm ponds of northeast Ohio.
    Good to have you back ol' friend. Let the BS begin!

Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Glad you are back.
    Have misssed your writing.

Rick

Very nice to hear you are back, and good to hear you are weathering the storm. Life has a way of kicking you in the teeth....sounds like you're biting back with the ones you have left.

Ralph

+ Reply to Thread