+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survey question

Hybrid View

Default Survey question

Gents et al.
    Myself,having stated in many previous posts that I merely choose to flyfish and/but do NOT consider myself a "flyfisherman" ( with all the implied "baggage :>), My curiosity urges me to pose THIS question. Speaking for myself, I'm a "very" casual member of TU, I've had dinner with someone who, at least, owns a flyrod , maybe ONCE in the last year. I've had perhaps 20 occasions in the last year to utter the word "flyfish" in ANY of my conversations . In short, I LOVE to flyfish, and do none other, no less than the the most dedicated of y'all BUT, it's not my alpha/omega of interset nor is it of most of my friends.
    My question therefore is: Of all who contribute, post and lurk here , how many of y'all are "all in" or to what degree ARE you "in"?

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 12-05-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Marco,

I am 'all in'. President of a fly fishing club & on the board of directors for the Washington State Council FFF & auction coordinator for those two organizations & I work WSCFFF booths at various sporting events & most important of all, I love to fly fish, mostly in WA and Montana, sometimes in WY & OR and the Great Lakes for Steelhead and sooner or later I will actually stop in ID to do a little fishing rather than just drive thru it. Yup, I am 'all in' and lovin' it. Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

Marco,

Not sure how to answer your question because I am not real sure what "all in" means.

I love fishing for any species and do all my fishing with flies I tie and a fly rod.

The only club/group I am a member of is a local fly fishing club here made up of a group of people who love to fly fish.

I am a volunteer for Partners With Healing and assist with teaching fly tying and fly fishing to disabled vets.

I am a volunteer for teaching fly tying and fly fishing to the "boys" at Arrowhead Ranch.

I teach fly tying at the local fly shop on an "as needed" call.

If the above means I am "all in", then I am 100% "all in".
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I take it you mean if you were in a situation where it meant no fishing unless you did something other than flyfishing what would you do.

If I wanted to fish bad enough in that situation I would do something other than flyfishing.

I like to flyfish ....but I like to fish more.

Take it further ...dry fly or wet fly...no don't.

Ducksterman, NO NO NO!!. My question is ONLY as to how "into" are you "Into" flyfishing. PERIOD. Mark

OK...It's my first choice...is that what you mean?

20 minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains N.P. and lots of cool water fishing.

Just an "In" here. I thoroughly enjoy fly fishing, but it is a past time, not a passion.
    Gordon
    Live every day as if it were your last.

Hi Mark,

I am a very avid fly fisherman, but unfortunately don't get to fish much because it is quite a ways to a lake that has fishing that is any good. The Texas panhandle has everything necessary for good fly fishing....well....except we are pretty thin on water.

There are few flyfishermen around here, so only get to visit with another flyfisherman on rare ocassions. I read the bulletin board and FAOL frequently, but not as much lately due to too many irons in the fire.

Regards,

Gandolf

I'm probably a little on the "obsessed" side. I can't get enough reading about tying flies, and fly-fishing. That said, I haven't used my fly rod in weeks, if not over a month. Partly weather-related, partly because of the dead battery in my vehicle (now replaced), and partly because of changing fishing with the change of the seasons.

Well, let's see. I'm president of the local fly fishing club, on the board of the regional FFF Council, ties flies, and wrap rods. Sounds all-in-ish, but first and foremost I am a fisherman and will use commie tackle when appropriate. Casting into a headwind with a three foot surf is challenging but I will use a spinning surf rod without hesitation. So, I guss I'm part-in.
    "So many people are out there doing things they call environmentalism, but only because it's politically correct or has a lot of cache."

+ Reply to Thread