Farmer Bob, thanks for the input!! I am planning on using the Charcoal IM6 blank with Garnet thread as I have done on my 2 piece rod. I don't use CP, and the wraps turned out to be a dark blood red color. The looks is quite nice on the charcoal! As for moving the guide to the ferrule, I must assume that it doesn't have any effect on ferrule strength?

Jack, thanks for the info on Cabela's packs! I am thinking of trying something different on my next rod. I have an uncle that builds and repairs spinning rods down in Louisiana. He actually told me to try using clear finger nail polish thinned with a VERY LITTLE acetone. He says it works very well, and is easy to clean off if you need to. He also tells me that it goes on as thin as water, it just takes 2 - 3 light coats to get it right for use though. Just might try it!

PanFisher, I received your emails, but for some reason the program wouldn't work. It might be my dumb black box thingy that most people call a computer. I can't wait to win the powerball and call it "anchor!" Man I hate these things (computers) sometimes!!!

Well, keep the advise coming; and thanks for all that have helped me so far!!!

Sincerely,
Reg

PS Jack you were right, the first fish ... heck every fish for that matter ... that I caught on MY rod was spectacular! It was alos nice to catch it on a fly I tied!!!