I see a couple more members are going to start building rods. Let me tell you it is fun and rewarding. Here are some suggestion/tips I received on the forum some months ago that helped my get started.
As well as some things I learned the hard way.
You need a well lighted work area. I installed a 4' shop light over the bench. Under 20 bucks and the most expensive "Tool" you'll need.
Get the video. There a couple floating around out there going from new builder to new builder. Maybe they'll turn up again,
In the meantime print Al Campbells articles and practice your wraps on a piece of dowel or old rod.
Make sure your work area is clean and as dust free as possible
Mix the epoxies well and at the proper percentage. I started using the Cabela's Rod Finish Packs. I mix them with a small kniting needle no wood.
Drying times are long so make sure your work place is out of the mainstream of traffic.
I would suggest multi piece rods for the first one at least. You can assemble the grip and reel seat and while it's drying start wraping guides
Start wraping on the largest blank so you'll have it down pat when you get to the smallest blank.
When the guides are on the first blank you can coat it (I use color preserver first) and while it's drying start wraping the next blank.
A 6.5'/7.5' 4 pc. rod could be assembled in an evening
A cardboard box with a couple of notches in it serves well as a drier. Just set an oven timer to remind you to turn it 180 degrees every 15 minutes.
Anyone with more helpful advice jump in. And if you have a better/simpler way let us beginners know!!

------------------
I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"