+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AMERICA'S TROUT - ROSCOE - Readers Cast (Tom Deschaine) - Nov 18, 2013

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default AMERICA'S TROUT - ROSCOE - Readers Cast (Tom Deschaine) - Nov 18, 2013

AMERICA'S TROUT - ROSCOE
    Roscoe, New York is located about 2 hours northwest of New York City, nestled in the south-west corner of Catskill State Park. The park of 600,000 acres (900 sq. mi.) is one of America's greatest freestone fisheries, containing thousands of miles of world class trout waters. Billed as "Trout Town USA" you are within easy driving distance of the Beaverkill, Willowemoc, Delaware, Neversink and Espous Rivers. Each year thousands of fly fishermen flock to these historic rivers where American dry fly fishing and the "Catskill" style of fly was born.

Yeah, there used to be a fish in hosted there for faol, dont think so any more, but think it would still be a grand place to have one. Not that I could by any means host one...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Well, the year following the FAOL Fish In at the Delaware River Club, in the Catskills on the banks of the West Branch Delaware, there was a quasi-official faol fish in on Roscoe. We had about 20-25 people attend. In the following years we had about 4 more fish ins and a great time was had by all. I was intimately involved in the planning and organization of the event. For those who'd like to know more about who, when, where it was, what we did and see photos of activities just go to the Fish In page and look up Roscoe Fish Ins.
    If anyone is interested (not looking for a cast in stone commitment) in having a Fish In in the Roscoe area this coming spring, take a look at the information already available on this site. Then just post a comment within this thread indicating whether you might be interested. If enough people respond in the positive, I believe some of us would be willing to organize a fun filled event.
    And believe me, we had a blast every year.

Allan

I kinda made it there one year....I would like a "re-do" attemp, don't know if I can, but if all falls into place, I would like to get to a fish in there.. The area and streams are beautiful.. Not a bad drive from here either....
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

roscoe ny....or pine creek in pa...doesn't matter... there are definitely NOT enuff fish-ins for the east-coast....I live in western Mass...and by my ideas...we should be having at least 2 during the 2014-spring fish-in.....

+ Reply to Thread