Wow. Flattered by the comments guys. Means alot! So far so good on wife tolerating my obsession. Have spent past few saturdays in my shop while the leaves continue to pile up.....This this weekend will be spent hanging Christmas lights, gotta put my time in. ALSO, If Gordie manages to get sprayed by a skunk one more time, you can have em....He has been sprayed twice, and most recently found a dead one to roll around on.

Tom, for some reason my blog has attracted more than a few Pens fans.....I Do love watching Crosby play. As for my forms, my parents bought them for me when I was a junior in highschool, so like 11 years ago. But they got them from Lon Blauvelt http://bambooflyrods.tripod.com/flyrods.html .......While some makers told me I wouldn't get dead on accurate angles with these forms, I have found that to not be the case at all. My only complaint would be the steel bars are thinner, and the forms not as heavy as those sold by Bellenger or Wagner. All three are great to deal with. When it comes to making a tool purchase for rod making I'd suggest buy the best you can. Almost all of the tools can be re-sold if you don't get addicted to the hobby. But if money is tight, get what you can and just jump in. The best thing Jim Downes taught me was to just "make the friggin rod".

If I can help out anyone needing some motivation or simple start up info, I'd be more than happy to help anyway I can.
Thanks again for the nice words.
Doug