Quote Originally Posted by tigfly View Post
If you have a backpack that you use when fishing pack a couple of those chemical body heat pads. They can save you from freezing especially later in the day after standing in freezing water all day. Most of them have adhesive edges, last six hours or so, and can be applied to your tee shirt under your fleece layers. I usually apply them after lunch because i seem to get colder late in the day.

Korkers are great only if they have the spiked rubber bottom soles. The sandstone and shale on our Ohio tribs are smooth and uneven, almost like standing on ice. Felt soles only pickup blocks of snow and it doesn't melt off when you stand in the water. Hope your boots are a size larger for extra socks. Wading staff is a must, because our streams aren't always gin clear so you can't always tell the depth of the water when wading.

Lake effect snow storms are common from now until April, already had two snow storms, so make sure you park where you can get out.
This trip is sounding more fun by the minute! Only a flyfisherman would drive 9 hours and spend lots of money to cover himself in three layers of underwear to stand in the snow for the hope of catching a fish! Most vacations don't contain a warning to "park where you can get out." I am loving it!