+ Reply to Thread

Thread: broke my brand new 4wt...

Blog Entries

Default broke my brand new 4wt...

...in during a 3 day trip to the Mt Shasta area of California. Caught many wild, beautiful, strong rainbows. Missed or lost many more. The new rod was great and is no longer new after landing about fifty 10"-18" 'bows! I highly recommend the Forecast 4 piece rod kits. What a great rod and for under $100! I used single foot guides on this one to reduce the weight a bit (and for looks). If someone can teach me how to post pics I have some to share (lame-o on the computer).

Nice rod chris...with a real handle too!!!...one of the many reasons I choose to build my own rods as well...so I can have a real handle on my rod....

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Greg,

To post pictures:

1.) Reduce your pictures using photo/graphics software to a size suitable for the web. At 72 ppi try to keep the pictures under 500 pixels wide. In addition, compress them to reduce their file size. Try to keep them under 50K in file size. The smaller the files size the faster the load time. This is real important for viewers with dialup.

2.) upload the picture(s) to your own personal web site like the one you get free with Internet service. Contact your ISP for information. You can also use one of the free photo hosting sites, like photobucket.com, to upload your pictures to.

3.) Once you have done that just copy the URL of each photo and place it in your post with the code as instructed in the "UBB code" link at the top of this page or as in the example below:

Your picture will appear where you have placed the code.

------------------
    Joe

Blog Entries

I do like the full wells on my heavier rods but since I don't cast with my thumb I like the half wells on light rods. I tried the Lefty Kreh style casting with the thumb but it never worked for me.
    I tried out myfishingpictures today and I have to figure out how to reduce the size of my photos in order to upload them into my folder there. Thanks for the tips.

Greg

Greg and tyflier,

Picture size and file size are two different things. Both need to be reduced to a usable size.

For example: The picture that tyflier posted is 500 pixels wide which is a very acceptable picture size for posting but the file size of over 100K is way larger than it need be. That picture could easily be compressed to under 18K and still look the same.

Hope you don't mind tyflier, I have reduced a copy and posted it here to demonstrate what the picture looks like even though it is less than 1/5 of the size in your posting:

If you right click on the picture and choose "Properties" you can see the file size.

This file compression of jpg files can easily be accomplished after sizing to the pixel dimension by choosing an option called "Save for Web" or "Save for E-Mail" or just choosing a compression amount that will reduce the file to as small as possible without loosing the quality.

------------------
    Joe

+ Reply to Thread