Okay so first things first, I have made all three legs using the same as of now. However I have used differing sequences in two strand leaders with great success, and have no reason to see otherwise.

Second, the configuration will change depanding on what size leader you are making. The one pictured being a Tenkara line it is very small, and has less threads per step.

Third, I don't see why your standard proportions wouldn't work. The proportion side IMHO will work the same as a two strand.

Fourth, yes you can add a tip ring. I suppose you could do so before furling, but you would loose the added strength of the third leg doing it this way. By adding after furling you will have additional strands to add strength.

Fith, this depends a little bit. I sell some that are better suited for different situations. That said my most popular as of late are my new Spring Creek leaders/lines. These are made to float without any treatment. People are buying these for their dries, and wets. Then use other leaders for nymphing and streamers, so it is a matter of prefrence of what they will be fishing.

Sixth, The coiling or spring in the leader isn't a matter of material, but rather the process. Now this is just my thoughts and thoughts only so take it for what it is. I believe the added steps and smoother taper help share the energy better, so when it is released after a snag it is less spring like. I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

As to boyancy I will do some testing on that next week as I am on vacation and will have some time for testing. I do believe it isn't denser in mass but rather more compact might be a better word; which helps it cut throw the wind.

Cheers
Brandon
First, do you make all three legs the same or are there variations in the number of material strands among / between them ??

Second, what is the final configuration, as in how many strands in the butt end, how many in the mid section, and how many in the tip section ??

Third, what are the proportions of the various sections - compared to my standard proportions of 40% butt, 30% mid, and 30% tip ??

Fourth, is it possible to incorporate a tip ring and / or do you add one after you've completed furling the leader ??

Fifth, do most of your customers want a leader that floats or one that submerges ?? You probably recall that I prefer my thread furled leaders to submerge and use a material that accomplishes that without sinking even very small dry flies in rough water. Does "denser" come in to the floatability / submergability equation ?? And does "denser" mean less supple ??

Sixth, are there any properties of silk that you believe make it superior to other threads such as Danville or Uni-thread ?? And have you done any three legged leaders using mono or fluoro ??

Finally, it's not clear to me if the lack of "coiling" you describe is a result of the three legged furling process or the material used ?? Yes, that "coiling" is probably the biggest annoyance associated with using thread furled leaders, and it expresses itself in a surprising variety of ways, but that is a minor annoyance weighed against the advantages of the suppleness of thread leaders.

John

P.S. That is one slick power furling jig head you've designed. Are you offering those for sale ??[/QUOTE]