+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's the future of articulated streamers

Default Here's the future of articulated streamers

Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Pretty nice, I'm sure it will raise a discussion regarding fly or lure.
    Last edited by Gene; 10-25-2013 at 06:38 PM.

What discussion? In my inflexible opinion they are lures.

Yep, that sure looks likes a lure. It's the same as buying rubber minnows for bass. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Kunz View Post
    What discussion? In my inflexible opinion they are lures.
    That can be used with a fly rod. If that offends anyone, I promised not to wear my tweed jacket when fishing them.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

It looks like these will work really well if they're tied the right way. They may also work really well if you're not all that good at casting, or maybe just getting into fly fishing. All of these products are on the same lines as "The Flying Lure" or "The Banjo Minnow". They're meant to target a specific group of folks, for whatever reason, that feel that they need some type of edge to catch more fish, or maybe some fish, when they go out. They're obviously working, since they can keep coming up with new ideas and products that keep sales on the positive side. It's been a tough market out there since 2008. If you're into that type of thing, go for it. I'm still on a learning curve, but enjoy catching fish on stuff that's worked all along since the late 1800's and forward.

Regards,

Mark

The Fishskull version sure looks like a lure to me. However, when I was watching the vid, I noticed another video for an EP fiber version (tied by a guy from intheriffle.com) that sure looks like a fly. To each his own, I guess.
    Work is something for people that don't fish.

Quote Originally Posted by MikelC View Post
    The Fishskull version sure looks like a lure to me. However, when I was watching the vid, I noticed another video for an EP fiber version (tied by a guy from intheriffle.com) that sure looks like a fly. To each his own, I guess.
    Ooooooppppps, forgot to put the address for the EP fiber version tying instructions. Here 'tis: http://youtu.be/oFU3GB2M4zs
    Last edited by MikelC; 10-25-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    Work is something for people that don't fish.

Some of y'all get wound up pretty quick! Some fish aren't keying in on subtle profile of a half-spent #20 BWO, they're looking for a meal. A big wiper here in Kansas is looking for a dazed shad rolling in the current, not a dainty little bug. Articulation is how realism is achieved.
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

I really like that action.

Apparently adding the multiple sections gives you that side to side shimmy. This will catch fish for me next summer. I've been looking for a fly that will have a similar action to a soft plastic jerkbait. This should do well in that role.

I watched both the video of the fly moving (The Fish Skull video), and the EP tying instructions. I think the synthetic hackle they used in the Fish Skull video will tie faster and have better action than the EP version, but I'll tie several of each and see how they look in the water before making any decisions on that part of it. Pretty innovative concept here.

(I'm not concerned with the fly/lure debate. Y'all have at it).

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

+ Reply to Thread