+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Rod do I have

Default What Rod do I have

I was brought a rod at work today. Obviously its graphite but do not know the apporximate year that it was made. This is what is on the label and the case.

On the rod:
    Heddon Pal
    Thorobred
    #55-Bass-8 1/2
    C-HCH
    its a 2 pc
    The rod is in fairly good condition with the eyes probably needing some re wrapping and alignment.

The case is a matching case that Im assuming came with the rod.

The label on the case says:
    Heddon
    James Heddon's Sons
    Dowagiac, MI

I know of Heddon lures and still have some put away in my fathers and grandpas tackle boxes. Any info or knowledge on this rod would be great.

Seege

[This message has been edited by FIREMAN (edited 16 September 2005).]

Sounds like a fiberglass rod to me. I'd guess at least 40 years old.

The line size would be a DT7 wt in modern size.

------------------
    Joe

[This message has been edited by flyfisherjoe (edited 16 September 2005).]

Thanks Joe. Anyone have a worth value on this not that it is important it will be a wall hanger.

Seege

Have no clue as to value...But it's a glass rod...and may be worth a few bucks....If it's not in really great shape...I'd not hang it on a wall...I'd redo..or have it rewrapped and fish it now and again..as It's why a fine craftsman built it back in the day....To be enjoyed!!!! Glad it made it to a good home reguardless how you choose to enjoy the history of it....

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Neighborhood of 40-75 bucks, depending on condition and originality. Great fishing rod, though.

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:1384e]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:1384e]

+ Reply to Thread