Hello again all. I have had an exciting week or so! I received my H&H 9' #4, 2 piece kit exactly 10 days ago, and to my amasement, it's almost done! All that is left is to install and wrap my hook keeper, buying and using a small artists pen for making the approriate markings on it, then apply then wrap epoxy and VOILA!!!!

I am planning on doing the epoxy in two steps. I am going to coat the tip section first and then the butt section after the tip has had time to setup. Using my trusty new cabelas rod turner and motor, hopefully it will come out nicely!!!

So now for a question or two. First how do I go about posting a picture here?

Secondly, I am stuck with a delimma. I am using the charcoal IM6 blank and am wrapping everything with Garnet colorer thread. I tell you it looks nice. Problem is that I don't live near a shop that has thread preserver formula made for fly rods. Is there anything else out there that I might be able to get locally from somewhere that will work instead, without having to mail order?

I know I don't have to use the thread preserver, but wife likes the look of it so much right now, I might think about using thread preserver.

Thanks,
Reg