+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uncle Jesse came to Tennessee to visit...

Hybrid View

Default Uncle Jesse came to Tennessee to visit...

Uncle Jesse contacted me and said he was coming to our area of Tennessee and would pay Jack Hise and I a visit. He really wanted to catch a smallmouth on a fly rod and I tried to locate some, before he arrived, in one of our rivers here and was not successful, so, I apologized to him when he arrived and told him he would have to fly fish for trout which we did. I really enjoyed meeting him and taking him fishing. I really got tired of taking his picture every time he caught a trout and told him I would not take another picture until he hooked a Brown Trout. He had already caught Rainbows and Brookies and the Brown would have given him a Grand Slam. He never did catch that Brown but he sure tried! I hope he comes back again and can stay longer than one day. He did catch a very nice Rainbow that I would guess at around 16". Here are some pictures of our adventure:

When we arrived at the river another FAOL member, Popperfly, was just leaving. The picture is not very good, but, Uncle Jesse is on the left, Jack in the center and Keven (Popperfly) on the right.

Jesse releasing another fish. I really got tired of taking his picture!

Jesse with another fish.....

and another fish....

This is the pretty Rainbow he caught....

Jesse up front and Jack in the rear....

I enjoyed the day and really hope Jesse comes back and stays longer. I have several other spots I would love to show him plus maybe I can put him on some smallmouth bass.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Looks like Jesse came not just to fish, but to catch, Nice report Warren. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

We almost had a mini-fish in. Warren can put you on some fish. I think he could probably get my daughter to catch fish. It was great fun, my first brookies ever and a nice rainbow to top off the day. Jack was a great host carried me over to see the Duck River and we had some awesome BBQ. I didn't see this before I posted a short report under fishing reports.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Way too much fun guys!!

I enjoy seeing photos of folks on FAOL getting together like this!

No brookies in Georgia Jesse?
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

I am glad Jesse caught some nice Rainbows & Brookies during his visit to the Elk River, fishing was tough early in the morning.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    No brookies in Georgia Jesse?
    Bobby, if I had to produce evidence for a trial proving there are brookies in GA, the jury would rule no brookies. However, from the photos and post I have seen over at NGTO's bulletin board I know different. The DNR does not frequently stock them in the Hooch, there are some mountain streams where there are native and stocked brookies, at least that is the rumor.

Back about 8 years ago I was forced into trout fishing when I lost access to the three local warm water lakes my friend and I had access for bream, etc. I became a choice of stay home and work in the yard, float down the Hooch and not catch any fish or figure out how to catch trout. I chose the latter. I still have a lot to learn but some progress has been made with a little help from my friends.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Nice report fellas! If any of you gentlemen wish to meet up on the Clinch river, or the Caney Fork some day, give me a shout!

aa
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

+ Reply to Thread