Wow! Somebody really got under your skin, huh? Since I am the only fly angler (and tyer) that I know of around here, I haven't had much experience with the 'snobbery' issue. The 'snobs' around here are all tournament bass fishers, with their noisy, polluting $10,000.00 bass boats. huge gas guzzling SUVs, campers and motor-homes the size of a Peterbuilt truck, and a super-irritating air of superiority about them. I have heard of 'elitist' fly anglers, but I've never met one in person.

For what it's worth, I release my catch....right into the deep-fryer. If I am just fishing for fun, or testing out a new fly pattern, I may release them, but most of the time, anything up to the legal limit goes to the kitchen, either on the Frequent-Fryer Plan, or the deep-freeze. I live in the wilderness, and a lot of my fishing, hunting and foraging is subsistence.

I don't think one is any better than the other. If you don't feel like eating fish, but still like to catch them, then C & R is OK. It doesn't mean you're superior. It's just a personal choice, like hamburgers or pizza.......

Anyway, it was a good read, and I'll bet you feel better getting that off your chest.

"Everytime I catch the news, it makes me think the Gene Pool could use some chlorine....."
Gigmaster