+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't take you email for granted

Default Don't take you email for granted

I think we have all been guilty of assuming our email arrives at the computer for which we intended it. After having my primary email account for at least 9 years and sending Bellsouth and ATT checks each month to ensure it worked, yesterday afternoon ATT decided to make it an inactive account with no warning ahead of time. Well after about 5 hours on the phone with 5 different support reps it is back up and running. The only advice I can give you is, if you had a bellsouth account and subscribed to Uverse, be sure your old email account is tied to the Uverse account. When I made the transition from DSL to Uverse my account was not connected to my account and three years later they decide to turn it off.

BTW the automated voice that ask you questions responds no better to yelling than it does to a normal tone of voice.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Uncle Jesse, sad to say that yelling at those infernal automated voice programs actually produces a result, usually with a "Sorry I didn't understand" prompt from the computer. However, it does tend to make one feel better, just as when we are working on a project all alone and we hit our finger with a hammer. The resulting vocal explosion does not really lessen the pain but it makes us feel better about it. Larry ---sagefisher---

One of the messages I intended to deliver and did not do a good job of doing, was don't always assume your email arrived at it's intended location. Every email sent to me yesterday afternoon is lost in the cyberspace. Fortunately, my best customer always ask for a receipt acknowledgement. Too often we think email is bulletproof and it isn't.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I have a great dislike for AT&T

+ Reply to Thread