I love sitting at my fly tying station an surfing the net looking at softhackle flies, streamers, nymphs, etc. and when I see a pattern I think might work in my local river, I tie it and put it in my fly box. Well, today, I was fishing with one of my fishing buddies who is a disabled vet that I met through the VA while volunteering to teach fly tying and fishing and we found the fish but could not get them on the hook. They would tug and pull but no hook up. I sorted through my fly box and found a fly that had a tail, red wire body, peacock herl thorax and a soft hackle collar and the fish loved it. Since I only had one of that pattern, I handed my fly rod to my buddy and told him to fish with it and let me see if I could find another fly to put on his rod that the fish liked. After finding a softhackle that worked, I handed him is rod back to him and he handed me mine with my fly hung up in a limb in water to deep to retrieve, so, I broke the fly off and sorted through my fly box and found another fly that the fish loved and caught many rainbows with it. I brought the fly home, dried it and studied it and have tried to make several copies of it for the next fishing trip. I would love to know what pattern this is so that I can look it up and tie it according to the instructions. If anyone can help identify this pattern, I would be very thankful. I tied up one based on the fly I brought home and here is a picture of it. Hopefully, it is a pattern that someone here will know and can provide a name so I can tie up several more. Thanks in advance...