I have a question about what to call this type of stream. At one time, I thought this was "pocket water" because it exists in little pockets, connected only by cascades. I've since learned that pocket water is something else (although I'm still not sure how to describe that accurately either), so what do I call this kind of stream?

Overstreet 1 resize.jpg

Is it "cascades and plunge pools"? "small mountain stream"? "series of plunge pools"? Whatever you call it, I've recently discovered some of the native residents, and they do have a special appeal, despite their small size. Just what I needed, a new place to have to make fishing trips.

IMG_8302 resize.jpg