My experience to hopefully benefit others needing to know things. I had a bad experience with Trac Phone a long time ago. Got a phone they said would work in my area code. Did not. Sent it back. They refused to send me a new one unless I proved via a receipt that I sent it. Wonder what they done did with it when they DID receive it? Instructions were that the phone I got would NOT do my area code, to send it in and they send me another. I had purchased a $75 calling card to work with it. Never ever received anything from them. Gave the card away. Had straight talk for several years and content. Minutes carry over and service days carry over. I do not use my cell much because I have a home landline. Had 2,450 minutes built up. Had to renew service every 60 days and everything carried over. If I had 3 svc days left and renewed for 300 minutes at $34 I would receive 300 more minutes and 60 svc days for 63 days till next renewal. Content. Approx $17 a month for cell phone capability. BUT....straight talk does not have a 1 year plan or card. Dropped straight talk and bought a new minimal cell phone from
Wal-Mart which is a TRAC PHONE service and they DO have a one year plan. I bought the one year plan for minutes to my new phone and got around a thousand minutes. Cost for phone on sale was $9. Cost of the one year service plan was approx. $100. So now I am paying approx. $8 a month for cell phone service. Oh, it works off all companies cell systems I think. Bottom line answer is boaf phones had carry over minutes and carry over service days. You just must not let either expire. You need to renew before the minutes are all used up....OR....and what is usually the case in my situation, renew before the service days run out. But what ever you have on your phone in svc days and or minutes left....when you renew, the old minutes and svc days are added to what you purchase.