+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SPRING CREEK SOFT HACKLES - FISHED DRY OR WET - EOTG - Sep 23, 2013

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default SPRING CREEK SOFT HACKLES - FISHED DRY OR WET - EOTG - Sep 23, 2013

SPRING CREEK SOFT HACKLES - FISHED DRY OR WET
    For several years I have been studying the writings of the ancient anglers looking to see how they tied and fished their imitations. I developed a particular interest in the development and use of soft hackle imitations. Due to the work of Sylvester Nemes the whole fly fishing world is aware of and uses soft hackle imitations, this awareness begin in 1975 with the publication of The Soft-Hackled Fly. Prior to 1975 soft hackles were known and used by very few anglers in North America, they were still in used in Great Britain and in a few places in Europe, however the popularity of this pattern type was a far cry from what it is today.
    Last edited by rtidd; 09-22-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Tom Travis is a wonderful writer of articles that goes back in Fly Fishing History of days gone by...

The last addition to "Eye Of The Guide" is a very look at soft hackle flies...

It is 35 pages in lenght, so if anyone wishs a copy of "Soft Creek Soft Hackles-Fished Dry or Wet", you can contact me at parnelli@comcast.net for a pdf version of this article...

Steven H. McGarthwaite (aka: Parnelli)
    Charter Member of "Friends of FAOL"
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

+ Reply to Thread