Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
You live in the SE USA, you probably knew that before I posted that little story. I'm a native of Calhoun County, MS, I live in Gwinnett County, GA. Calhoun is over 100 sq. miles larger; the population has never exceeded 15,000 residents; Gwinnett is currently around a million. I have experienced some culture shock since moving here, although I have enjoyed it overall. I look out my window and see over half a dozen oaks and hickory trees. I can fish for trout within 15 miles of my house, warm water species are closer. You will get caught in heavy traffic occasionally despite your best effort to avoid it.
I did not know the specifics you stated, but had probably observed them at one time or another while never putting all of the pieces of the puzzle together. I live mid way between Chattanooga and Knoxville TN, the GSNP is just an hour away but don't go there much due to the crowds and traffic. I have been to and thru Atlanta several times, lived in Orlando FL for a few years, (culture shock) so I know the traffic issues and patterns. Guess why I live in a small town where "rush hour" is when you are 5th in line at the red light. LOL. Not many "turn signals here in town either, a few, but not at every corner, just on both sides of the walmart. Living in the south has many advantages, few dis-advantages imo.