My best friend lives on the west coast and I live on the east coast, but we met here in Montana about 10 years ago where we are now next door neighbors for 4-5 months during the summer.

He and I were both runners/joggers in our younger days, and each of us spent a few decades running along the roadways and byways in the US, as well as in a number of other countries. Now, he and I take an early morning 3 mile walk together most summer mornings when we're not leaving on a fishing trip or doing something else.

Most of our morning walk is on a private dirt road overlooking the Yellowstone River in Paradise Valley, but to get there we must walk a short distance along the main highway. Invariably, at least 90% of the time, women drivers will practically run us over when we're walking along the edge of the highway, versus at least 90% of the men drivers who pull toward the center of the road when passing us. It's interesting to note that both of us had this exact same experience with women drivers during the years when we were road runners, and long before we met each other.

Like it or not, I think it's just a fact that men are more conscious in trying to be courteous drivers in these situations.

Now if you really want to get me going, let's talk about women pushing shopping carts in grocery stores...