+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unhappy Female Driver

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Unhappy Female Driver

Yesterday I met a buddy at a local sporting goods store. On the way into the parking lot my lane was mostly blocked by a woman that should have stayed behind a stop sign... I shrugged my shoulders at her with a head shake and a probable look of disgust. I decided I could get around her and did.

I parked and headed into the store only to find my way blocked by this middle-aged tornado, literally blowing spittle from the corners of her mouth and she was HOT at me!

She started wagging a finger at me and demanding to know why I had not ceded the right-of-way (she was there first by her logic) to a lady...

"Well Ma'am, I didn't see one."

That did not help her and she went off on another tangent and I just stood there watching her go off... everything from tears, to more finger wagging, to wild incoherent ranting...

Finally I looked down at her and quietly asked "Do you always talk like this to serial killers?"

I maintained eye contact while her tirade continued for a few seconds until the light bulb went on... She didn't really shut up but started backing up with very wide eyes and got out of the way and left the instant I passed her...

I am still laughing... I think she needs to have her meds managed a little finer...
    Last edited by hap; 09-20-2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: typos

No offense meant, but throwing yourself on a grenade to save your buddies is a sign of bravery, while taking on such a female may be more a sign of reckless abandon. Glad you survived it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
    No offense meant, but throwing yourself on a grenade to save your buddies is a sign of bravery, while taking on such a female may be more a sign of reckless abandon. Glad you survived it!
    Thanks for the comforting thoughts! Had not really considered the chances of contracting rabies... or worse!

Art,

I just did a little quick research, according to quickly available information there are more residence in the small county I live in than the entire state of Alaska (that's probably one of the reasons you live there) at around 1 million. More than half of them are female. Gwinnett is just one of the several (29 I think is the number) that make up metro Atlanta which is 9th largest in the USA with a population of approximately 5 million. The available information says more than half are female. Now we do not have to contend with grizzlies or Kodiaks but what you encountered is not an unusual situation. You may have seen the little story that follows, it is still relevant.

I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver cut right in front of a pickup truck causing him to have to drive on to the shoulder to avoid hitting her.

This evidently angered the driver enough that he hung his arm out his window and flipped the woman off.

"Man, that guy is stupid" I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely and wave in a sheepish manner whenever a female does anything to me in traffic and here's why:

I drive 48 miles each way every day to work. That's 96 miles each day. Of these, 16 miles each way is bumper-to-bumper. Most of the bumper-to-bumper is on an 8 lane highway so if you just look at the 7 lanes I am not in, that means I pass something like a new car every 40 feet per lane. That's 7 cars every 40 feet for 32 miles. That works out to be 982 cars every mile, or 31,424 cars. Even though the rest of the 32 miles is not bumper to bumper, I figure I pass at least another 4000 cars. That brings the number to something like 36,000 cars I pass every day.

Statistically, half of these are driven by females. That's 18,000. In any given group of females 1 in 28 are having the worst day of their period. That's 642.

According to Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as dissatisfying or unrewarding. That's 449.

According to the National Institute of Health, 22% of all females have seriously considered suicide or homicide. That's 98.

And 34% describe men as their biggest problem. That's 33. According to the National Rifle Association 5% of all females carry weapons and this number is increasing.

That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female that has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has seriously considered suicide or homicide, is having the worst day of her period, and is armed.

Flip one off? I think not.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Think I'll just stay away from the metro Atlanta area, it's really in my best interest. LOL.

You live in the SE USA, you probably knew that before I posted that little story. I'm a native of Calhoun County, MS, I live in Gwinnett County, GA. Calhoun is over 100 sq. miles larger; the population has never exceeded 15,000 residents; Gwinnett is currently around a million. I have experienced some culture shock since moving here, although I have enjoyed it overall. I look out my window and see over half a dozen oaks and hickory trees. I can fish for trout within 15 miles of my house, warm water species are closer. You will get caught in heavy traffic occasionally despite your best effort to avoid it.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread