+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PIF Give-A-Way Regal Vise

Hybrid View

Default PIF Give-A-Way Regal Vise

Friends - in a continuing effort to "give back to fly tying for all that it has given to me" I have a Regal Inex Vise; in like new condition, midge jaws, clamp model, that I'd like to "Pay Forward" to some "Noobie or Want-to-be" fly tier.
    inex.jpgphoto from Regal web site.

Here are the rules - please read them all:

1.) If you are a new fly tier or someone looking to get started fly tying (and you are on the honor system here) then pick and post a number 1 to 55, making sure not to pick a number that someone else has already picked in previous posts. If someone does this the first person to have that number will win the vise.

2.) Tell me why you would like to have the vise and that you agree to rule #4 below. The drawing is limited to the first 55 people responding to this post and posting a number and written response.

3.) On Monday 9/23/13 at noon I will close the PIF Give-A-Way and I will pick a number and contact the winner via PM. then mail your vise to you on my dime.

4.) And most important - By posting a number you agree to NEVER sell this vise it must be given to a new fly tier when your done with it who agrees to do the same.... and again you're on the honor system, PIF and Good Luck!

all the best, Doug.
    Last edited by dr korn; 09-19-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Wonderful thing you are doing Doug!!!!

Great Idea sir. My first vise was a Regal Inex and I regret the day in a moment of weakness I sold it. Should have done something similar, or held on to it for my kids to learn on.

I second the "what a wonderful thing to do, Doug"....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

It's your business, but I don't think you have quite enough hoops to jump through. Why all the stipulations? Give it to someone deserving and be done with it. If I have to pick a number, why would I have to agree to #4?

Quote Originally Posted by chewydog View Post
    It's your business, but I don't think you have quite enough hoops to jump through. Why all the stipulations? Give it to someone deserving and be done with it. If I have to pick a number, why would I have to agree to #4?
    Chewydog - Yep, my vise, my rules or hoops as you say.

IMO, If picking a number, saying I need a vise and hopefully PIF when done with it is too many hoops for someone to jump through for a $100+ vise, then they probably won't tie many flies because of the "work" involved anyway...

I'm just trying to promote "both" the sport/craft of Fly Tying and the PIF behavior...
    Last edited by dr korn; 09-19-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chewydog View Post
    I guess I don't see having to pick a number and then agreeing to, someday give the vice away, as "jumping through hoops".

This is a classy idea, Doug!!! I'm surprised there aren't more "players" yet. If I qualified I'd be all over this like a hungry brook trout on a well tied Adams!

+ Reply to Thread