+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waders and Knee Pads

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Dave, obviously you are still a fairly young guy with good knees. There will more than likely come a time in your life when your knee's safety is more important than that of your waders.
    Well I am young at heart. I'll turn 64 before the year ends and have had several operations on both of my knees. But if my knees bother me to the point that I can't kneel, which I rarely do, when fishing, then I wouldn't kneel anymore. As far as tripping and falling, well over the years, it's happened to me on more than one occassion, but not to the point where I felt I had to wear knee pads under my waders. If it ever got to that point then I guess I would look for easier walking streams and rivers to fish or stick to the bluegill ponds.
    Last edited by anglerdave; 09-17-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Well, I don't have you by many years but a few. About a month back was the 50th anniversary of when I torn the ACL in my right knee, which is still torn. It has started causing me some minor discomfort again at time but so far it has held together.
    If I had a dollar for every girl who did not find me attractive, they would begin to
    find me attractive.

I've been wearing knee pads for years and have never notice any impact on my waders.

I wear them not just to protect myself but to make it easier to be stealthy. With the knee pads on I am very comfortable getting low or crawling over rocks on hand and knees. I found mine at the local hardware store. They are made of a closed cell foam and don't absorb any water.

Do you use a wading staff? Turned 78 today and can't wade without one. Saved my butt many times and well worth the cost.

+ Reply to Thread