Well, I haven't been fishing in a hurricane with them (yet...), but I have been out in 15 to 20 mph winds on Carter's Lake (chasing freshwater striped and white bass), and I had no more trouble with them than I would've in any other similarly-shaped boat. I have an anchor, so it's never been a problem. Paddling into the wind is no more difficult than it would be in any other similarly-shaped boat, and maybe a little less, because they weight so much less. Wind resistance is more dependent on how much surface area is exposed to the wind, rather than weight. You have to figure that, while the light-weight inflatable may accelerate a bit faster from wind, a heavier boat will be harder to paddle, so it balances out. Again, top-speed through the water is more a function of shape and length, rather than weight. Weight only really affects acceleration, and momentum.

Another plus is that these have 5 separate compartments, so to completely sink them, you'd almost have to rip them to shreds. If you get a hole or rip, you can still paddle to shore safely (allbeit, a little wetter). You can throw on a patch and be back on the water in 15 minutes or so. Should you actually shred the boat, it's still not dead. You can simply sew up the rips in the cover, buy new bladders, and they'll be almost as good as new.

It probably comes down to just a matter of what you like. I love my inflatables, and will not be selling or trading them. I even sold my Pelican hard-shell a few weeks ago, because I wasn't using it anymore. I paddle a lot more since I've gotten these boats, because they are so much less trouble to transport, launch, and store.

I had a clear-bottomed Dyad Kayak for a while, but I let one of my sons beat me out of it. It was a great boat as well, and my first inflatable. My #2 son uses it in Florida, on the coast.

I can't speak for all inflatables, but you can't hardly go wrong with these two models.